Friday, May 11, 2012

PICTURES!

Currently I am home in the USA for my 30 day leave before extending for another year in Uganda.  This means that I have strong enough internet to upload photos!  Nothing's in order sorry.  If you want to see more pictures and/or the awesome slideshow from the girls empowerment camp I organized, let me know...I'm around.
 
My neighbors Amy and Emy
 

My last two stoves at my school, built with a local vocational school (BAM!)



My very shotty bus...at least its honest about its safety track record

I just flew home on this...just kidding...Ugandan Fighter Jet in the middle of Gulu...seriously



My new home (I share it with 2 other people so I'm not totally spoiled), but it's definitely an upgrade from a hut



Princess and the Pea in Uganda...getting ready for the Girls Empowerment Camp that I organized/directed called Northern Camp GLOW (Girls Leading Our World)



The taxi I took to get from Kitgum to my new home in Lira. 5 of the bags and my bicycle are loaded on top. This is the first of two times that we broke down on the normally 4 hour trip...

 
  


 
From inside the taxi I moved in...20 people in a 14 max person vehicle...very delux and spacious...



Ochido, a fine art teacher at my school working on our East Africa Map Mural




One of my womens groups

Me terrorizing Emy...or defending my coffee mug...really, it could go either way


Northern Camp GLOW



No comments:

Post a Comment